I can't even find out what happened because the communications systems are all electric/electronic and satellite dependent. The grocery stores even if I live near one is closed because they have no lights or refrigeration. If they do open the food will be gone from the shelves completely in hours not days. They will only except cash because the banks systems are all down and their registers are electronic as well. I can't call my children to see if they are okay because we have no way to do it any longer. If you are caught away from home you will have to walk home. If you are more than 10 miles from home it may be a major undertaking to get back home and if you don't have water, good shoes and some food and appropriate clothing etc. with you then you will be in serious trouble. Your refrigerator and freezer no longer work and everything is on a fast track to spoilage. What can you do? Wait for FEMA or the Government to come help you? Do you know how many millions of people are in the U.S.? You will be waiting years for their help and believe me you won't survive that long..........
I for one believe we need to be prepared to help ourselves. Have a plan and then work your plan! Let's look at what you can do now to prepare for a failure of our systems for what ever reason they happen....
3. Have a method and equipment and fuel to cook and to heat your home.
4. Have medical supplies because hospitals and transportation to them will be shut down.
5. Have a way to secure your home and provide security for your family.
6. Have warm clothing and good shoes for walking and working in a garden.
7. Know your neighbors and try to organize a way to help one another.
8. Have garden seeds and equipment to garden and then know how to do it.
9. Have equipment and tools to provide for your family without the use of electricity. (Such as hand operated can openers and ways to light candles or fires.)
10. Have your spiritual life in order to help get you through the trying and difficult times.
I pray none of the above ever happens and that we will dodge the bullet so to speak, but with our society so vulnerable to so many things that could happen, I for one want to do all I can to prepare for my family's survival. God helps those that help themselves.....