Grams Image

Grams Image

Friday, March 4, 2011

Welcome to Gram's Survival Kitchen

I will try to write to share with others my journey to self sufficiency and the ability to survive any disaster which may crop up in our crazy world.  Sometimes I may comment on new events happening around the world that may affect us all, but mostly it will be about Food Storage, Cooking, and Recipes with Food Storage.  I will also try to talk about gardening a little bit.  It is not my strong suit so it will be interesting to see if I can grow anything more than a few tomato plants in my backyard that hasn't been used for gardening in years if at all.  I plan to try to have a small salad garden, an herb garden, and a vegetable garden.  I will use a solar oven to test recipes and try to take pictures of them to add with explanations of successes or failures with recipes.  I will be talking about how to store food and give links to youtube videos that are great for learning.  I won't try to reinvent the wheel but will show you where I learned to do things.  I will try to organize and make some sense of my food storage mess.  I will take you on my journey to do all this.  I will try out recipes and give my opinion on the difficulties and taste of those recipes.  I invite you all to do the same.  I will be testing recipes from Everyday Food Storage, Hillbilly Housewife, and many other sites and cookbooks.  As  I find good, healthy, and delicious recipes I will add them to a cookbook which we can all use.  If this all sounds good to you then join me and others as we build a support group and a place to make new friends.

Shirley  (Gram of  "Gram's Survival Kitchen")

No comments:

Post a Comment